Independent artist, Vera Pravda confronts aspects of human impact on environment and on society, crystallising visive reflections through the means of decontextualisation and appropriation of languages from other fields, such as marketing, economics and politics.
Vera Pravda deals with environmental and social issues through the sense of displacement and short circuit, understood as programmatic relationship tools, triggers for cultural detonations, open doors to lateral thinking.
Installations, art actions, murals and paintings are intended as constructive actions to intervene positively with contemporary society, generating tangible changes.
The goal is to allow the viewer to elaborate their point of view and leaving the field open to a multitude of dimensions and ideas, in a growing spiral of new meanings, increasing awareness.
Vera Pravda actualises ancient techniques with modern materials, such as paints reducing air pollution and NOx or gilt on plastic wrappings. The aim is to create continuity with the past looking actively to the future, linking together a long-studied stratification of art history directly answering the public for its own point if view, in a vision that is never statutory or unique.
Vera Pravda (Simona Sanvito - 1974), based in Milan, Italy. She graduated in Science of Historical and Artistic Heritage at the University of Siena. After years creating art undercover while working as museologist, archivist, press & communication manager, creative director, project manager and business consultant, in 2018 she decides to come out as an artist. Having as a starting point the inherent value of the artworks, her work is based on researches and collaborations.
> find more on studiovisit. programme by senzatitolo.
- Saremo in Pochi, ViaFarini DOCVA Archive, Milan
- CulinAria 2020 (per Viafarini OpenStudio), Milan
- invited at the Art Residency at Viafarini DOCVA Archive, Milan
- /CONFINI/ art project in collaboration with Viafarini, highlights on Gli Stati Generali
- Art and Change, lecture at IULM University - Executive Master in Persuasion, Decision and Change Management
- selected for 'Parli con me?', workshop with Pietro Gaglianò part of the project 'Hacking Monuments' by Simona Da Pozzo
- winner of the Annual Art Residency at Villa Greppi with the project Quarantotto
- selected for Endecameron19 art the Rocca Sinibalda Castle, curated by Enrico Pozzi, Cristina Cenci, Marco Stancati, Luisa Pronzato, Vincenzo Padiglione
- Green is Gold, 10 + 1 art public actions supporting #FridaysForFuture, Piazza della Scala, Milan
- Please Stop, Eco.Logica, GianGiacomo Feltrinelli Foundation, Milan
- Lecture at IED Milano with #FridaysForFuture
- ArtBreathing12.19, anti-air pollution mural, Casa Famiglia L’Abilità Milan
- Be the Change, Festival Diffuso, Giacimenti Urbani, curated by Donatella Pavan, Milan
- Earth is One, Eco.Logica, Gran Visconti Palace, Milan
- Piantala! in collaboration with WWF Italia & CrowdForest, Milan Green Week
- Planting Good Energy, E.Co Green, That’s Mobility, Milan
- Green is Gold, C’è Clima di Futuro, Milan
- Possiamo salvare il mondo. Adesso. Jonathan Safran Foer in talk with #FridaysForFutureMilano, ‘Il Tempo delle Donne’
- Al Tavolo del Futuro, talk by Stefano Boeri & Lifegate with #FridaysForFuture
- I temi dell'arte: il paesaggio, curated by Simona Bartolena, Villa Borromeo, Arcore
- Istantanee di un percorso, curated by Simona Bartolena, Villa Greppi, Monticello B.
- Pollen Art Project, Villa Greppi and several venues
- Breathe Live Painting @MeetLab, Milan Design Week, Brera, Milan - part of Teatro dell’Aria, among the must see events del FuoriSalone for vanityfair.it and panorama.it
- Artbreathing 3.18, anti-air pollution mural, 70mq., Lycée Stendhal, Milan
- #findyourbindu #milan, public project, several venues, Milan
- FortuneCookieCorner on maybehere.com, aka Arev Advarp
- Plastic Circles, progetto public project, several venues in Italy, France, U.K., Poland
- STRAF eco-project, STRAF, Milan
- Made in Filandia Special Project, Filanda di Pieve a Presciano, Italy
- Muro di China, Caterina Fossati, Turin
- Made in Filandia, Filanda di Pieve a Presciano, Italy
- ApartmentArt, Italy
EMAIL / firstname.lastname@example.org
spoken languages / Italian, English, French, bases of Polish and Spanish, actually learning Modern Hebrew